Author Topic: Substitute Online Tournament  (Read 191986 times)

Offline Prof Underwood

• Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • -
    • East Central Region
Re: Substitute Online Tournament
« Reply #525 on: December 07, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
And I can play tonight.  I will consider your time zone difference and will assume that you go to an evening church service.  That would mean that you would be available after 8pm your time (11pm my time).  I will try to be around for several hours after 8pm your time (11pm my time) so that we will be able to get in our game before time runs out.  Hopefully you'll be available.

Offline lightningninja

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • I'm Watchful Servant, and I'm broken.
« Reply #526 on: December 07, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »
I can play today. What time is good for you? I should be able to play any time. Thanks for trying to get that game in. :)
As a national champion, I support ReyZen deck pouches.

Offline New Raven BR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • P.J.S. May 23rd 1956- May 18th 2012
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Redemption Xtreme League
« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
i challenge mehman for the tie breaker
Your biggest competition is YOURSELF

Offline Prof Underwood

• Redemption Elder
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #528 on: December 07, 2008, 11:58:45 PM »
I can play today. What time is good for you? I should be able to play any time. Thanks for trying to get that game in. :)
OK, I'm around now for several hours.  Hope to see you soon :)

Offline TheKarazyvicePresidentRR

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Currently undead
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #529 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:08 AM »
i challenge mehman for the tie breaker
I challenge you :-p
Not quite a ghost...but not quite not.

Offline Prof Underwood

• Redemption Elder
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #530 on: December 08, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »
Just wanted to report in that Fireninja and I played our game together late last night, and he totally schooled me 5-0.  Congrats to him for the win.

Offline lightningninja

« Reply #531 on: December 08, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »
Just wanted to report in that Fireninja and I played our game together late last night, and he totally schooled me 5-0.  Congrats to him for the win.
I didn't draw ls till second round and I had two rescued, he always had ls for me. Then I played sog and nj on mine and the shuffler for 4 to shut him out again. But RTS decided that wasn't enough luck, and gave me harvest time the next turn for my fifth soul. My revealer soul got two of his evils to the bottom, and I acoped three other. Pretty lobsided draw.  :-\ IT started out with both of us having great cards... but after that, it just turned in my favor. Yay for RTS. [/Total sarcasm]

Offline soul seeker

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #532 on: December 08, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
This month's (year's) tournament is over!  Thanks goes out to everyone who made this tourney great.  Over the next month, I will go through all the posts and write down the ideas everyone suggested to see how we can improve next year.  I think this tourney will continue to get better as I gain more experience and knowledge to work out the kinks, but overall I think this last month worked out great!  In the meantime, enjoy the holidays!

Because Gabe was interested and maybe others....FireNinja and my game was pretty epic.  The final score was 5-4.  This is from my point of view and what I can remember of it 2 days later.  It was a hard fought battle that went back and forth.  Knowing it was FN, I decided to use my quick drawing offense and stall Defense to go against him (Tsavong, Prof, and Caleb all saw this deck which is now 5-0).  I got my favorite combo out the shoot but after one rescue, my hero was quickly Christian Martyred.  I was bummed because I got my great defender PoTw out which stopped FN once.  The second time he came in knowing Prince was there, so out of suspicion I put down a low init guy only to have the enhancement interrupted and then the A-bomb.  we were now tied 1-1 with his Guardian out and my Lampstand up.  The middle of the game gets fuzzy in my head, but I do remember we countered each other several times.  Each of our Ds were no match for the other Os, but I was running into a problem.  He was getting through his deck faster...I couldn't get my drawing cards out and he did.  Plus, most of my  GEs were hiding.  With that combo, he ties up 2-2, and I'm confident he has SoG/NJ.  I had two NT-only thanks to a switch compared to all his OT guys so I was relatively safe.  I needed to get that valuable third because I wasn't stalling him at all.  He had three lost souls out:  a hopper, anti-band, the slave.  The next rescue did it for me.  My banded heroes bust through, but he SoG/NJ two and left the anti-band as third...I sprang into action playing my SoG/NJ on his anti-band and my female only (or Nero I don't remember which) to tie it at 4-4 leaving him with no lost souls in his territory freeing my harvest time to grab for the final one.  Overall, it was a great game....exciting to the end.
noob with a medal

Offline New Raven BR

• -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #533 on: December 08, 2008, 06:53:38 PM »
hold on soul seeker.
there are some people who have ties and i think you should dely the ending of the tournament a lil longer til everyone isn't tied cause ending the tournament like it is, doesn't make any sense whatsoever

Offline soul seeker

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2008, 06:57:50 PM »
holidays and a plethora of youth/church events are happening in the coming weeks...I can't keep a regular check on this anymore.  There was an allotment of two weeks to finish everything out.  To me a tie is fine.  If you want to play it out for "bragging rights", then go ahead...I probably will not update it is all I'm saying.
noob with a medal

Offline 777Godspeed

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Breathe redemption into wasted life, Breathe deep
    • -
    • Northwest Region
« Reply #535 on: December 08, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
In a tournament, a tie is an acceptable finish. That is the way things work sometimes.

Soul Seeker,
     You have done a fantastic job in keeping this tournament rolling. Wrapping it up and posting the final standings for this year is great, as the tournament is officially over. Games for bragging rights should be alright, but not considered official, as the tournament has ended. Just my thoughts.

Godspeed,
Mike
Divine mental biopsy reveals you need psychosurgery
When in doubt  D3.
I support Your Turn Games.

Offline Gabe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • From Moses to the prophets, it's all about Him!
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • Land of Redemption
« Reply #536 on: December 08, 2008, 07:38:47 PM »
SS, thanks for the summary of your epic game with FN.  Sounds like the type of game everyone would expect from two top players (and no poor RTS draws)!  ;D

If the top three people would please pm me their choice for their prize (I think the list of available cards is on or around page 19) I'll get them sent out right away.  Thanks to everyone who participated and especially to Jonathan for running this and keeping people interested in playing Redemption online!

One other suggestion for next "season".  The rule "you have to beat first place to pass first place" was put into place because the lower spots were all filling their 3 challenges and first place wasn't getting many games.  It was an incentive for the lower spots to challenge the first place person to ensure the top spot had a chance to get games in.  We've seen that although the idea has merrit, it is flawed.  I suggest changing it to "you have to make an official challenge to the first place person to pass them in the ranks, unless first place has already played three challenges.  In that case you aren't required to play or challenge first place to pass them". This ensures that the top spot will still get challenges but still allows a person with higher points to take first if the two players cannot find a time to meet online.  It also allows a person to pass them in points and take first without playing them, although it would be more difficult to do it that way.

I might join you guys again in January.  It's a rather slow time of year so I might be able to get online alot.  If I don't play I may offer prizes again.  We'll see when the time gets closer.

Gabe
Have you visited the Land of Redemption today?

MehMan

« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
congrats to the top 3!!!!!!!

Offline TheKarazyvicePresidentRR

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Currently undead
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
Darn so close. Well GGs everyone.
Not quite a ghost...but not quite not.

Offline lightningninja

« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »
This month's (year's) tournament is over!  Thanks goes out to everyone who made this tourney great.  Over the next month, I will go through all the posts and write down the ideas everyone suggested to see how we can improve next year.  I think this tourney will continue to get better as I gain more experience and knowledge to work out the kinks, but overall I think this last month worked out great!  In the meantime, enjoy the holidays!

Because Gabe was interested and maybe others....FireNinja and my game was pretty epic.  The final score was 5-4.  This is from my point of view and what I can remember of it 2 days later.  It was a hard fought battle that went back and forth.  Knowing it was FN, I decided to use my quick drawing offense and stall Defense to go against him (Tsavong, Prof, and Caleb all saw this deck which is now 5-0).  I got my favorite combo out the shoot but after one rescue, my hero was quickly Christian Martyred.  I was bummed because I got my great defender PoTw out which stopped FN once.  The second time he came in knowing Prince was there, so out of suspicion I put down a low init guy only to have the enhancement interrupted and then the A-bomb.  we were now tied 1-1 with his Guardian out and my Lampstand up.  The middle of the game gets fuzzy in my head, but I do remember we countered each other several times.  Each of our Ds were no match for the other Os, but I was running into a problem.  He was getting through his deck faster...I couldn't get my drawing cards out and he did.  Plus, most of my  GEs were hiding.  With that combo, he ties up 2-2, and I'm confident he has SoG/NJ.  I had two NT-only thanks to a switch compared to all his OT guys so I was relatively safe.  I needed to get that valuable third because I wasn't stalling him at all.  He had three lost souls out:  a hopper, anti-band, the slave.  The next rescue did it for me.  My banded heroes bust through, but he SoG/NJ two and left the anti-band as third...I sprang into action playing my SoG/NJ on his anti-band and my female only (or Nero I don't remember which) to tie it at 4-4 leaving him with no lost souls in his territory freeing my harvest time to grab for the final one.  Overall, it was a great game....exciting to the end.
belive it or not... it was a tad bit more epic than that even! :) Up till that last rescue he is correct... but the last one was crazy. I couldn't block cause I had no raider's camp and my defense simply WOULD NOT DRAW. So I played sog and nj on nero and wanderer... which left my same-reference ls! As he stated, he had banded, which left the books haggai and nehemiah, which didn't match. Then he played burial on my own ls and played harvest time. But it was pretty great.

I am dissapointed in myself. For one, I didn't draw raider's camp or king hiram in my last 15-20 cards, which are both key, nor did I draw throne, I might have, but I don't remember having it. But instead of putting in Captured ark... I put in another DON! so my deck was illegal, and captured ark would have won the game. :(

Offline BubbleBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #540 on: December 16, 2008, 07:35:37 AM »
You know...I've played quite a few of these people since this post was made....Oh well.
Use the Mad Bomber to rescue his Province.

Offline Gabe

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • Land of Redemption
« Reply #541 on: December 22, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »
The new season isn't far away!  This time the prize is so cool I'm going to have to join so that I have a chance to win!!!  :laugh:

Offline New Raven BR

• -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #542 on: December 22, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »
The new season isn't far away!  This time the prize is so cool I'm going to have to join so that I have a chance to win!!!  :laugh:
XD

Offline lightningninja

« Reply #543 on: December 22, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »
Gabe... are you kidding? Have you lost your mind, or are you too generous to even care, or are you just joking? Cause I can't tell... lol

Rawrlolsauce!

« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
Wow, that is an AMAZING offer from Gabe (I have a feeling he is going to win it, though!  ::))

Who knows, I might create a deck and play in the next season ;)

Offline Gabe

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • Land of Redemption
« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »
It's for real.  And everyone will have just as much of a chance as first place to win the prize.  (more details to come)   ;D

Offline Prof Underwood

• Redemption Elder
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #546 on: December 31, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »
Hamachi has been really good for online Redemption play in the last 6 months (except a couple days where it didn't work).  The main problem is that not everyone seems to be able to get into the same group (due to 50 person limits).  Perhaps someone could find an easy alternative that doesn't have limits and is equally easy to use.  But until then, I have a temporary solution for our online tourney.

I have created a network that is specifically dedicated to this tournament.  So if you are going to play in the tournament this round, then please join this network.  Please only join once (no duplicate accounts) so that it doesn't fill up too quickly.  This way we will all be able to easily play each other.  Thanks for your cooperation and I look forward to the tournament restarting soon.

Group = Online Redemption
Password = 2009

Offline Red

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • It takes time to build the boat.
    • LFG
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #547 on: December 31, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »
i'm in for next year
Ironman 2016 and 2018 Winner.
3rd T1-2P 2018, 3rd T2-2P 2019
I survived the Flood twice.

Offline New Raven BR

• -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #548 on: December 31, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
so am i

Offline Tsavong Lah

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tá Criost éirithe! Go deimhin tá sé éirithe!
    • -
    • Southwest Region
« Reply #549 on: December 31, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
Cool, I'm in.
Χριστὸς ἀνέστη ἐκ νεκρῶν, θανάτῳ θάνατον πατήσας, καὶ τοῖς ἐν τοῖς μνήμασι ζωὴν χαρισάμενος!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal